15 April 2008

A variation of Paul Harvey

A prayer I learned a long time ago on my first job as a nurse continues to help me keep on track.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
I need to be at work early in the morning for a meeting and then have several places to visit. I am certain I will find the place God has for me. Between friends searching, apartment guides, craigslist and driving neighborhoods something will turn up. As I was asking God to help me to remember He will work things out, I recalled the prayer above. The first time I heard it I only heard the beginning and learned of the rest of it much later.
You may recognize it when you hear the first part of the prayer.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Borrowing liberally from Paul Harvey "Now you know the beginning of the story"

-jené

No comments: