02 July 2008

Friends are like bras.......close to the heart and always there for support.

Have you ever thought what it would be like to have no friends? Honestly I cannot imagine such a thing. I have been blessed in finding friends wherever I go. Part of growing up as a military brat meant always being the new kid on the block. If you did not have people skills it could be rather daunting. For me it allowed me to make friends all over the world, many of them still keep in touch.

On a deeper level, not knowing anyone in the neighborhood when you first moved in was easier if you could count your sisters as your friends. Thankfully I can still count my sisters as my closest friends today. My mom always said the beauty of having three sisters was that it was highly unlikely I would be mad at all of them at the same time so there would always be someone to go to. What she didn't add was how much my relationship with my parents would change as I grew up. Now I find my parents among those I consider my friends. I call my mom or dad several times a week just to chat. While I will always respect what they instilled in me as parents, I appreciate more the relationship we have now as friends.

Even more support is found in my best friend. I start my day with thoughts of Him and His love and comfort are what see me through all sorts of situations. Jesus is my best friend. He brings me peace and joy. Because of Him I know the Creator of the universe. Because He cannot be here with me now on this earth He left me a supporter in the Holy Spirit. Because He cares so much for me He has His other friends love and encourage me. So if any one ever asks you about Jesus, you can truly say He is like a bra. He is close to my heart and always supports me.

Glad Jesus is the everlasting variety and not the 18 hour kind,

-jené

No comments: