04 July 2008

Loving freely

Someone I love has placed herself in harm's way and I can do nothing about it. I long to rush in, wrap her in my arms and carry her away from the troubles she is heading into. My heart wants to see her to safety. My head knows I need to stand back and let her choose her own path freely. In many long moments in the night this past week I have come to a better understanding of God. How often has he watched as I have made foolish decisions He knew were going to hurt me?

It is so hard to love someone well enough to allow them to make decisions you believe will cause deep anguish in their lives. All the while they are certain they are doing the right thing, you are internally silently screaming "let me take you from danger and keep you safe." Because my words will not be heard by her I have spent most of my time this last week taking my words to my Savior. He has listened as I have poured my heart out to Him.

I am thankful that God had not stopped loving me freely when I made poor choices and that He continues to love me today. I am grateful that He welcomed me into a deeper fellowship with Him when I chose to seek His way instead of my own. I will be forever joyful that there is nothing that can separate me from Him. I am certain that my prayers will be answered and the person I am praying so hard for will again seek God's plan for her life. I am hopeful that will be accomplished soon. I am remembering that God's sense of time is not mine and I must be patient.

Praying,

jené

No comments: