20 July 2008

A noteworthy day

Saturdays have been pretty rough recently and I have been late to church for several weeks in a row. Last night I was talking to the Lord about it and asked for His help in getting moving earlier in order to be in His house at the start of the service. It was a close call but I made my way down front right before the prelude began. Hooray!

I was excited because I knew my friend Jane would be delivering the message this morning and God always uses her to reach me with His message. She generously gives of her own spirit to share how the Holy Spirit is working in her life; it is always a learning moment in her presence.

Using the entire service to speak to me God also had the choir reinforce His Message as well. Several times this week when things have been difficult I have pulled out the Zune and zoned out to tunes. One in particular has popped up repeatedly.

Before The Throne of God Above
Words and Music by Vikki Cook, Charitie Bancroft

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
King of glory and of grace,
One in Himself I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God!

In this time where my abilities are changing it is ever reassuring to know that my life is not dependent on what I can accomplish but rather what Christ has done for me. From my salvation to the desires God places in my heart, I can count on Him to see it through. For everything I can do can only be done with His strength. As my own has waned a bit, this is good to know.

Grateful I only have to be strong enough for God to use me,

jené

No comments: