14 July 2008

I'm not short...I'm space efficient

Another flair I just had to have. My Aunt Carol spent the night last night. She was on her way from New Orleans to Austin. I was happy to have her here as she had not been to visit in a couple of years. She gave the new apartment a once over and declared it was tasteful and organized. When you live in an efficiency you have no other choice, it has to be that way.

So you see, I am space efficient in many ways. When you realize I work at The Container Store you would expect me to make good use of my space. When I am out running errands after work and people spot my Container Store shirt, they can't wait to tell me what they love about us. They will tell me about their experience at the store or a favorite product.

That got me thinking, what if everyone who follows Christ wore a shirt which identified them? Would people come up to you and share how much someone else with that shirt helped them? Would they share positive stories about their experiences with other Christians? I was reading another blog where the writer confessed she had been a bit ticked off but did not reveal it when she recalled she was wearing a shirt from her church. Maybe the key to being a consistent representation of Christ's love is to remember that in everything you do refers back to Him.

I think when I get dressed in the morning I will imagine I have Christ's brand over my Container Store logo.

-jené

No comments: