25 June 2008

TGIF

It's not what you think it is, on this flair TGIF stands for "Thank God I'm Forgiven". That has been on my mind today. It's a day off and I am grateful as I am a bit under the weather. I headed back to bed this morning after breakfast to rest and couldn't sleep so I ended up spending the time in prayer. I had one friend in particular on my mind. She seems to go from tragedy to tragedy always reacting with feelings of doom and gloom. Most of the difficulties she encounters are not things she should devote her time to bemoaning. I think she just truly does not know how to live without some sort of drama occurring in her life.

When we talked last week she shared she just did not know what was happening to her lately as she cannot seem to find any peace. I asked her how her prayer life was and she admitted to having let go of regular time with the Lord. I told her I would not be able to get out of bed in the morning if I did not spend some time alone with God. I told her I need to have his help and forgiveness to be able to make it through the day. I have had some rather unique days of late. My goal is to always remember that God only allows things to happen to me that will in some way work for my good. I will confess it often takes a bit of prayer to get my heart right and I am thankful that God forgives my lapses. When I told this to my friend she was not at a point to be receptive. I am hopeful sharing my inadequacies will help her to see that everyone needs God's help. He calls me to follow Him but does not expect me to be able to do it all on my own. He is ready to give me whatever help I need if I just ask for it.

So today and every day I Thank God I am Forgiven,

jené

No comments: