09 June 2008

Can't get away

This morning started off early, but I beat the alarm clock into submission. Since I had showered last night I could use the time allotted for that to sleep. I finally rolled over to meditate and the prayer for this morning dealt with silence. It began; In the silence of the morning I am alive to the new day's light. I am currently working my way through Lamentations right now and the reading for today was chapter 3 verses 27-29


God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,

to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope,
quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young
to stick it out through the hard times.

When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.
The "worst" is never the worst.

The Message


What is so ironic about using both of these for meditation this morning was knowing that they were going to be doing heavy building at the store again today. I have migraines a couple of times a month but right now it is an almost daily occurrence. Between the loud noise and hot temperatures that remodeling bring I am fighting a losing battle. So when I got to the phrase The "worst" is never the worst, I just had to laugh. I told God I appreciated His starting my day off with a chuckle.

When I got to work I was not surprised to find it was going to be a really loud day. Most of us had not brought our lunches today as we had no idea if the break room was going to be available as it is moving this week. Three of us headed of to BerryHill to take advantage of $1.99 fish taco Monday. When we got there the real fun began. We had left a loud store remodel for a peaceful lunch to end up in a restaurant also being remodeled. Naturally that caused more laughter. James treated us to lunch and outside of the noise level occasionally rising, we had a great time. Thanks James, you are a generous friend.

I find it a joy that I have a God who can enjoy the humor of the absurd and use it to His benefit. When I finally made it home tonight I could really value the silence.

Quietly,

jené


No comments: