06 May 2004

An collection of unusual things

I know it seems I have abandoned my blog but things have been busy. Fortunately I have been able to pick up a good bit of work lately. This is always good for a gal who has to pay her bills. Even if the work leaves her too tired to blog.

Today got off to a rather early start. Someone out front has a new car alarm. It is very effective at disturbing the neighbors at 3:30, 4:30, and one last time at 5:30 a.m. I don't know how good it is at deterring theft, but it works as a dandy little wake-up call.

The next fun moment happened when I got in my car to drive to work. I had a stowaway in with me. A determined mosquito decided to come along for the ride. I swatted at him every time I made it to a red light. This did not sway him from his mission. He finally made a dive down my shirt where I regret to report he achieved his objective. This made for some itching that was hard to explain to a co-worker.

My boss du jour had an excellent idea for dealing with those who write viruses and worms. His suggestion was to place them in Amish communities. Maybe some time in an electric-free zone would tame their desire to pester others. Until they find a way to power a computer with candle flame they would be unable to wreak any more havoc. A much better idea than what usually happens,and I think a more effective one.

That was the collection of things which made up my day. Hope your day was interesting as well.

No comments: