09 May 2004

A Bad Influence

I think I may have confused my niece. I was talking with her mother today and chatted with her for a little bit.

A little over a month ago I went to see them and get some photos to be used in my brother-in-love's campaign. She hadn't seen me for a while and had just gotten up from her nap. Searching for a way to get her to warm up to me I showed her how the camera on my phone worked and let her take a few pictures. She then played with the phone and had fun looking at all the pictures in storage.

When her mom and I were getting close to wrapping up the call, she asked her mom to give her the phone again. She wanted to show me her new toy car. She held the car up to the receiver and shouted "look aunt Jene'." Not wanting to disappoint her I pretended I could see it. Now I am afraid I may have thoroughly confused her.

I hope I haven't screwed her up too badly as I am counting on all my nieces and nephews to take care of me in my old age.

No comments: