10 May 2004

This and that

Had a good day at work today. There was a little guy who crawled around the office and filled the place with his sweet sounds. He is around nine months old and just as cute as can be. He definitely was a bright spot to the day.

Got stuck in traffic and it turned out to be a blessing. I was able to spend the time catching up with my baby sister. She would probably not like me referring to her that way. After all, she's all grown up with children of her own. Still, from time to time when I think of her I picture how precious she used to look when she was tiny....how cute she was learning to ride a bike...how smug she looked while spying through the mail slot on me and the boyfriend.

I think it is because she is far away that I am missing her so. It may seem silly, but I haven't seen her for a year and this is the longest I have ever gone without visiting her. I also haven't seen my oldest nephew for a year. This happens when they go off to college.

Still, I am glad I get to see my family fairly often. I am equally glad they want to see me.

No comments: