15 February 2004

Sundays

I like this day. All of my days seem the same as I search for work. This day always is the anchor to my week as it stands apart from the others. Even though I have had a few interviews on Sunday, this day is always different.

On this day I get to move from my personal relationship with God, to fellowship with others who love and worship Him. This is what makes the rest of the week work. Today I was surrounded by people who love me just because I am one of God's children. They encourage and challenge me. They help me to follow our Father by sharing His love and what He has done in their lives.

This is why I have to attend church. Not because it is expected, or the "right thing to do", or even some misplaced notion of duty. I go because being in the midst of God's people is the closest thing to heaven here on earth.


No comments: