02 February 2004

Post card of rejection

A little over two weeks ago I applied for a job with a Texas grocery chain. Their hiring process is such that you never get to meet someone face to face until they are ready to hire you. If they are unimpressed with your application ,you are told you will receive a letter stating they have no need for a person with your skills.

Today I finally got their reply. It was a post card which began, "Dear Applicant". It is official. I have now been rejected with a post card. While reading the aforementioned, I began to laugh. The entire situation just seemed too ridiculous to be true. So the large Texas chain, known by it's three initials, has no room for me. I'm not bitter and will continue to shop there. It's just sad I never got the chance to even meet with them before they decided they had no need for me.

No comments: