07 February 2004

An epidemic of deafness

I have come to the conclusion that most everyone in my apartment complex is either deaf or headed that way. I wasn't going to post today and decided to turn in early. In the last hour three different people have shared their music from their cars. If your car stereo can vibrate my bedroom on the second floor, YOU HAVE THE VOLUME TOO HIGH!

I enjoy music as much as the next guy, but I like to choose it for myself. While it is nice to have neighbors who want to share, perhaps they could share something else. I know, why don't we have a cookie exchange. People could come to a central location where the volume on the stereo could be set at a level which would not damage their ears. The knob on the stereo would be removed, and they would receive cookies in exchange.

Just a thought from a very tired music lover.

No comments: