06 February 2005

Practice

I am so tired now I am going to need a nap before I go to bed. Today was the last day of our big sale. I went in for five hours of the final mayhem.

In spite of the extreme exhaustion the past weeks have brought, I really enjoyed the whole process. I spent every day doing space planning. I am glad for the opportunity to refine my skills. Practice doesn't make perfect, but it does make pretty damn good.

I can do a better job now just because of the sheer number of hours I have invested in the process. This whole experience reminds me of the first few months after I started doing yoga. For a long time I was inept and struggled with every workout. Then one day things started to click. I could move from pose to pose without having to really think about it.

As with anything, the more I do it, the better at it I become. So....I should do more often the things I want to be good at.

No comments: