08 April 2004

A Not So Ordinary Day

I left the house this morning for a prayer walk. Several friends are in difficult times and I'm still on the job search roller coaster. When I need to clear my head and center my heart, I take to the road. It is easier for me to focus both if I am engaged in some activity which keeps the rest of me busy.

Before I knew where I was I had traveled a good distance. Guess I should pay a little more attention to how far I am traveling. Still, the walk achieved it's goal. By the time I got home both my head and heart were back in shape. This was good as I had decided to spend the day getting out the vote for Victor's run-off election.

I got all the necessary voting info to quite a few people. I myself was able to cast my ballot in the early voting. I even played chauffeur for a sweet little old lady who wanted to vote but couldn't get there.

To finish the day off I made it to the Maundy Thursday services at the church. It was a time for personal reflection. I was in the chapel for prayers and scripture with soft music. Then I was able to partake of the Lord's Supper. To complete my day my pastor took me by the hand, knelt with me at the altar, and prayed for me. This personal touch is what means so much to me. I am part of a body of believers who are trying to love one another as Christ loved us. Until I get to heaven, it just doesn't get any better than this.

No comments: