05 August 2010

From Great Aunt Jené

Dear Jackson,

I have yet to hold you in my arms but you are already being held in my heart. I began praying for you at the moment I knew you were on the way.  The announcement of your coming was a wonderful highlight from your Great Grandparent's Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary.  You were the hit of the party!

I will not be able to see you as often as I like, for that would be every day.  But I will be keeping you in my prayers.  I pray for all my nieces and nephews daily.  I have not been gifted with children and each of you are a gift I cherish all the more.  

My goal is to be the aunt everyone feels comfortable coming to with joys and sorrows.  The aunt you know will always be in your corner.  The one you can count on when life blows up in you face and don't know which way to turn.  There is nothing, absolutely nothing, you can do to lose my love for you.  You are stuck with me for the rest of my life!

So as you grow up, when you need a friend, a confidant, a co-conspirator, or just someone to be silly with, remember your aunt jené.  I will be delighted to be the one you turn to.

I love you Jackson William Taylor, and I always will!

Love,

aunt jené


No comments: