24 August 2010

It's only a thing

Sorry to have been away again for a bit.  The latest thing to go wrong in my life is the computer.  It has been having reliability issues for several months and is now on it's last legs.  The long lived, and overworked dear is going on strike and I can only get it to turn on sporadically.  I will be learning how to post via text message.

I was sharing my computer woes with a friend when she remarked "Things keep falling apart around you."  I chuckled and told her it made sense, after all I seem to be falling apart lately.  I was thinking of the last time I had a computer to die. I remember how much I missed it and had to work on my attitude to accept the disappointment.  I can't believe I was so disturbed by the loss of a thing!  I am so grateful God has worked in my life to help me see what is important.  I know He is the reason I have learned to remember to keep my focus on the blessings of my life. I am not be able to do so on my own.   Otherwise, I would not have moments of forgetfulness when He reminds me to seek joy.  A heart that is bitter sees no gift. I pray my heart will always recall  how much I have been gifted.

Thankful for lessons learned and joy revealed,

jené

 

No comments: