03 February 2009

I got tagged on facebook

Deciding Nancy had the right idea, I am posting this here as it will make it's way over to facebook. Courtney tagged me in the 25 random things.

  1. Kindergarten was not mandatory, so I never went. It probably was for the best. I have multiple learning disabilities and early failure would have changed much.
  2. I went to seven different schools from the first to twelfth grade, from England to Japan.
  3. I love to play in the snow.
  4. I have perfect pitch. When I was very young I freaked out my parents by announcing the piano was out of tune.
  5. My first piano teacher knew of my learning troubles and discovered turning the sheet music upside down helped.
  6. I pray for my nieces and nephews everyday. I love them dearly! As I have no children I'll need one of them to care for me in my old age. I am praying they will have kind hearts and the means necessary to care for me in the manner to which I hope to become accustomed.
  7. I have rheumatoid arthritis.
  8. I love British comedy the sillier the better.
  9. I walk when I am troubled or need to settle my heart. Preferably on a beach, but you can find me on the streets of Houston several times per week.
  10. I print everything. My name is the only thing I can handle in cursive. (dysgraphia is one of the disabilities in my learning troubles)
  11. I always unravel anything I crochet, somewhere in the middle I start to go backwards.
  12. One of my old boyfriends is now a Catholic priest! In fact he is a Bishop. He loves to tell everyone I drove him to the priesthood. Actually I just told him we had no future as long as he was not serious about his faith. He got serious!
  13. When I need to remember something I make up a song about it. I can recall lyrics better than anything.
  14. When I get sick, I want my mommy. I don't think I will ever be too old to want her with me.
  15. I am learning to create art using a Wacom tablet. It's a change, but a welcome one.
  16. I have had a life long struggle with being patient. I often lose.
  17. I love to take naps and do so whenever possible.
  18. I enjoy learning new things and try to pick up some new skill each year.
  19. I hope to grow up just like my grandfather. He was a "fine old English gentleman." He stayed young at heart and was the kindest and most giving man you could ever meet.
  20. Green has always been my favorite color, so much so that for one birthday I asked my mom to make my birthday cake green.
  21. Making bread is therapy for me. Kneading the dough helps me relax.
  22. Chuy's deluxe tomatillo or creamy jalepeno sauce is a sure fire way to open my sinuses. It's just a bonus it's so delicious!
  23. I love getting email and text messages from my niece Grace. It always makes me smile.
  24. If days could start without mornings my life would be perfect.
  25. I want everyone to know how much Jesus loves them and I intend to tell everybody, one person at a time.
Probably more than you ever wanted to know,

jené

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel like I know you better now...I've gotten those '25 things' list, but haven't taken the time to write...perhaps on the blog, but not sure I can sit still that long!
I do enjoy connecting with Facebook, and yet the video was so true to some of the things I think are rediculous---except parents and grandparents on it! I am both and feel young! So, I just laughed at that one!
Have a great day in Jesus.