31 January 2005

Too good to be true

I was working with a customer the other day and I think I sprained his brain. He had been in earlier and had a space designed. He liked it so much he had come back to do another. He mentioned that with what he now knew he wished he had gotten some deeper shelves. I told him we would be happy to replace his shelves with new ones. He said he didn't think he could bring them back because they had been cut to fit. I explained that he could still bring them back and we would cut him deeper shelves to fit.

It took me several minutes to get him to believe that we were more concerned with him being happy with his space than the cost of a few shelves. Nobody expects a company to put customer satisfaction first any more. Convincing my customers that we do is probably the most challenging part of my job. They all assume that it is too good to be true. Truth be told, I love this job for that very reason. I really like seeing that dazed look on their faces as they try to wrap their brain around how we do business.

This made me think of how often I am gifted with many things that sprain my brain. I have family who love me and let me know it. I have friends who support and comfort me when life seems rough. I have a God who cares for me and gave me the family and friends. This seems to good to be true. Thankfully it is not. Like my customer, I should just relax and be glad it is so.


No comments: