23 January 2005

The latest

Illness has finally retreated from my life and I am just left with the everyday aches and pains. Life becomes normal again. At least it would if I had a normal life to begin with. I'm not sure there is such a thing. Maybe this constant state of flux is to be considered normal.

I have been enjoying the current class offering at church on Wednesday nights. It is titled Calvinism in the Las Vegas Airport after a book of the same title by Richard J. Mouw. The book has been very enlightening. I think however that the class is even more so because of the teacher. Spend just a little time in one of Clay's classes and you realize that he is uniquely gifted for teaching. He creates an aura of excitement in the class and has you longing to learn more.

The class has been the highlight of my week. It helps to have something enjoyable to do after having spent my day off in search of another job. Full time work has now eluded me for a year. While I have enjoyed the freedom of a part time schedule and temp. work, the freedom of a fuller paycheck would be most welcome indeed.

I hope to make it to Dallas this week to meet my newest nephew and see the rest of his family. I haven't seen them for over a year and a half. That's the longest stretch of time I have ever gone without seeing someone in my family. I hope to get oodles of photos to tide me over until I can see them again. To some of my friends it is a blessing not to have to see their families. For me it is a hardship. My family is where my best friends are. It is great to have sisters, better still when they can be your friend too.

I'm very blessed and pray the you will be as well.


No comments: