01 January 2005

Reflections on a year gone by.....

It was an exciting journey from start to finish with many side trips along the way. I began the year with no job and no car. Anything was going to be an improvement.

While I don’t recommend it, job searching can be done by making use of public transportation. Thankfully a kind and generous person made the purchase of a car a possibility in late January. After eight months afoot this was fantastic. It significantly impacted the search. I did quite a lot of temp work while waiting for one of my many interviews to yield a positive result.

I spent the Spring doing an odd dance all around town picking up whatever work I could find. Some enjoyable, and some not. It all helped to pay the bills. If you are creative in robbing Peter to pay Paul you can almost make ends meet. Progress on the job search was made with a part-time position at The Container Store in July. It is great and the people I work with are incredibly helpful. I leave the job always tired but happy. The only downside to the whole situation is that I am unable to live on a part-time salary.

Before you assume that all of this indicates I had a bad year, let me tell you how just how great it has been. I now know in a real and personal way just how much God loves me. He has been so faithful in meeting my needs and filling me with His Peace. The entire year has been a one blessing after another.

Because I was not on a fixed schedule, I had time to participate in many activities I usually never get to do. I made it to a number of programs at church. I taught Vacation Bible School. I worked for Harris County Republicans at several events. I was also able to spend quite a bit of time getting out the vote to get my Brother-in-love reelected. Congratulations Victor, the Railroad Commission will never be the same!

So while I sit at the laptop and ponder the moments which made up this year, I am pleased and content with how they all turned out. Snow on Christmas Eve was the ultimate end. What I had thought would be a rough year has been the best one of my life!

May you find all the blessings God has in store for you this coming year.

With much love,

me

No comments: