02 September 2004

The balloons have fallen

The convention is over. I was able to only catch bits and pieces of tonight's activities since I had to work. I will confess that the best moments for me have been catching glimpses of my brother-in-love on the screen. I was very thrilled to be able to see his address to the convention on Monday. He did a great job and I was soooooo proud of him.

The whole experience has been grand. The music has been good, the speeches for the most part filled with touches of humor. I didn't get to hear most of Mr. Miller's remarks. I understand he went quite a bit over the top. I hope to read his transcript.

I can say I have been impressed with most of the invocations and benedictions. It speaks volumes about the people that they make the prayers part of their gathering.

Now that it is over it is time for us all to get busy on working to get out the vote. We have little more than two months to get everyone mobilized. Tell someone every day to be sure to vote in the election.

No comments: