30 June 2004

Taking a spin around town

Today I got called back for an interview at a church. They need someone to manage their print jobs. Unfortunately it is a part time job and they prefer a church member. Still, the pastor did recommend me to someone else and set up an interview there. This was also at a church and right now they don't have the funding to hire but are looking into it.

On the way home I got to try out some new moves in the car. Some inattentive driver ran a red light and hit the lady in front of me in the intersection. I slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting her and the car went into a spin. Remembering all my dad drilled into me while he was teaching me to drive I was able to regain control of the car. Fortunately there was a very convenient and very empty parking lot. My car had no damage. The lady in front of me was pretty banged up and the guy behind me hit a post and dented his car. My only problem was spending a while waiting to give my statement to the cops.

The good news is no one was hurt badly and the little car did well under stress.

No comments: