15 September 2014

The making of a woman

One of my nieces has a birthday today and she's been on my mind. I've been blessed in spending quite a bit of time with her in the last few years.  "Auntly" pride aside, she's a fantastic girl. I pray I get to see the woman she is on her way to becoming.

It's easy to be a great kid when everything is going your way. But she's traveled through some harsh and painful adventures in the last few years. In  times of fear and uncertainty she knew to lean not only on her supporting family, but in her growing relationship with her Savior. I've seen her find calm in the face of adversity. I can't help but think the soul stretching lessons she has had will give her a more grounded faith than many young women.

I love you Gracie and I can't wait to see what the future will bring!

No comments: