15 March 2009

Happy Birthday Mum!

There is one person on this earth who knows all my secrets and loves me anyway. That person is my mother. She is my confessor, best friend, guidance counselor and sounding board all rolled into one. She comforts, consoles and corrects always using the gentleness of her heart.

I look at her and am able to see how God loves me.
All of my life she has been there for me.
When I was headed down a wrong path,
when I didn't listen to her,
and when I came back shamed,
her welcome was never withheld,
her forgiveness never faked,
her love never ceasing.
I look at my mother and realize,
this side of heaven
she's the clearest vision
I will have of the face of God!

Thanks Mum ! Thanks God for giving me such a mum!

love,

jené

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the sweet words. Mama

Unknown said...

What an amazing relationship you have...that's my desire with my daughter...we are close, and perhaps when I'm 'old', she'll regard me the way you do your mom.
It's nice to read about the kingdom being fleshed out in other's lives!