16 December 2008

Your Name in Music

Being stuck in bed the last few days I spent a good deal of the time when coherent coming up with things I could do to make it seem time was passing quicker than I was observing it pass. At one point I decided to make a playlist for my Zune which would lift my spirits and soothe my soul. After several failed attempts I decided I needed some sort of guidelines to keep me focused. As I was taking both Valium and Darvocet, focus was key. I decided to make a playlist based on my name. Even heavily sedated I can usually remember my name. I will confess I did write it down so I got the letters in the right order. Being dyslexic I am uncertain how much of that was my natural ability to scramble letters and how much was drug induced.

Grab your MP3 player, using songs you have loaded make a play list where the first letter of each song spells your name, for me it goes as follows:

J "Jesus Loves Me" sung by my favorite little Burpeau girls
E "Every Time" sung by Cece Winans
N "Nocturne No. 1" by Chopin, played by Maria João
E "Everything Happens To Me" sung by Nat King Cole

M "MLK" sung by U2
C "Crying For The World" sung by Eden's Bridge
C "Count Your Blessings" sung by Rosemary Clooney
L "Living Inside Your Love" played by Earl Klugh
E "Everything" sung by Michael Bublé
L "Love Divine" sung by Phil Keaggy
L "The Light Inside of You" sung by Ronan Tynan
A "As I Lay Me Down To Sleep" sung by Sophie B. Hawkins
N "Not Too Far From Here" sung by Michael Crawford

Now make time for yourself to sit and listen to the entire playlist. You might be amazed at how it makes you feel. At the very least you have taken some time in the "busyness" of the season for a calm moment for yourself.

Musically yours,

jené

No comments: