25 December 2008

Christmas message

Today is not really Jesus' birthday, it's just the day we set aside to celebrate it. Over 2000 years after He came to earth there are still millions who use His life as an example in how to live. As someone who is thankful to have the gift of His love in my life, I of course find great comfort and joy in the sacrifice He made all those years ago. It always touches me to realize He left heaven for me.

As part of a honoring my family's heritage I always take time to check out the Queen's Holiday Message to her people. It is usually well written and often cheering. This year for the first time I found myself so overwhelmed by the message I was crying for joy. She reminded us all of the life Our Lord lived and how we can find meaning in living as He lived. I had not intended to post any additional videos today after leaving you three to watch last night. Her message so touched me I want to share it with you.





Happy Christmas to all,

jené

No comments: