19 May 2007

Timing is everything

...or is it. My time this week seems to have gotten away from me. I accomplished some of my goals but others have fallen by the wayside. Several people needed me and my choice was to be there for them and to let go of my to do list. You might think this means I have changing priorities but really this isn't so. Goals are good, plans are necessary, but a soul needing love takes precedence over all. For when it comes time to total up my life's acheivements I'd rather list people helped than tasks completed.

One young girl I have been mentoring needed a face in the audience this week. She was so glad to see me and asked how I had found time to get to her school program. I told her that goals are important but friends are more so.

A friend has been blessed with a new job she is enjoying, but needed someone to cover her shift on her old job to make it happen. So a day off gets offered up to Jesus to help her out.

In both cases I feel the choice I made was the right one. My niece and I having been trading notes on facebook about what it means to show the love of Jesus to others. I want her to know that treating others needs as greater than your own is one way to do so. It's easy to talk about love, but hard to do.

Tiredly,

jene'

No comments: