17 May 2007

God's day

I leave aside my shoes
-my ambitions,
undo my watch
-my timetable,
take off my glasses
-my views,
unclip my pen
-my work,
put down my keys
-my security,
to be alone with you,
the only true God.

After being with you,
I take up my shoes
to walk in your ways,
strap on my watch,
to live in your time,
put on my glasses
to look at your world,
clip on my pen
to write up your thoughts,
pick up my keys
to open your doors.

Graham Kings


This was one of the poems I read this morning during my meditation and it made me aware of just how much everyday belongs to God. I am thankful to call Jesus my friend but I think I need to realize anew that all I am and all I have, is His.

I spent some time today with a couple of his best creations. A sweet older lady who has outlived her family and a young girl who hasn't any family who care for her. As I was listening to each I thanked God for placing me where I could be and feel His love for them. It's quite a kick and it made my day!

Joyfully,

jene'


No comments: