15 March 2007

Time

I really believe God means for me to see four o'clock only once a day and He means for it to be in the afternoon. Still, here it is just after four and I'm aware of it. I figure if I'm still awake having taken two meds for pain and one sleep aid, meditated and prayed, there's got to be a reason.

I have family spending the night and we are stretched out all over the apartment. I'm sleeping in the living room with my nieces. Right now I have the laptop on the kitchen floor so I won't wake them.

I love having family over. They are the best friends I have and the greatest gift short of salvation God has ever given me. I am cognizant of the fact that many people don't have that relationship with their family.

Monday morning I was also up at four. The Burpeau gals had come to spend the night again. Putting all three of them into bed with me almost always ensures I will spend a good portion of the night dodging arms and legs. Then I had much to give thanks for as well. I love that God allows me to play an important part in their lives. I adore children and not having my own, it's nice to have some I can "borrow" from time to time.

I am glad to have this time to thank God for all He has done and continues to do for me. Time awake also leads to prayer for friends I don't see that often. Remembering them brings feelings of joy. To be able to do this more than compensates for being tired tomorrow.

Having said that, I think I'll get horizontal again and see what happens.

Praying in the kitchen,

jene'

No comments: