08 May 2006

Too many

There is something I have done too much of in my life and I pray never to do again. I have been to too many funerals with tiny caskets. I thought today as I found myself facing this that it is my fervent wish never to do so again.

Realistically, I know this will happen in the future. I work with terminally ill children. Attending more funerals is a foregone conclusion. Today's was made bearable in a small way because of the family's unwavering relationship with Jesus. The parents trusted Him to take their child home to heaven. They made a covenant with God when their babe was tiny, sealing him into the family of God with his baptism. That fact made today a tiny bit easier for them. There is nothing worse than losing a child and I believe the only way to survive is with a sure trust that God is with you.

Believing God keeps His promises,

jene'

No comments: