03 May 2006

Awake

It's not insomnia if there is something keeping you awake. The result is the same though. I imagine I'll be a pretty tired lady at work tomorrow (actually it will be later today).

Still, there have been some benefits to this happening the last few months. I spend more time in prayer than I ever thought possible. There's not a whole lot to do in the middle of the night when you aren't able to sleep. Spending the time with your best friend is a great way to make the passage of the same better.

Many years ago I learned a type of meditation called centering prayer. It's something I do each morning to anchor my day. All this extra time to put it to use is definitely a major part in how I have been able to cope lately.

So, while sleep would be great, I'll find another way to make good use of the night.

Sweet dreams,

jene'

No comments: