11 May 2006

Baptism

To those who have e-mailed me about why it is wrong to baptize infants, I am not going to argue with you. I cannot change your mind and only God can change your heart. My comments in my blog on the 8th were meant to show the comfort parents can find in trusting God to keep his promises.

I will instead list a few things I discovered about baptism as I was reading some of my favorite blogs today.

If you are a child and want the latest and greatest baptism you can do so at a fire engine which shoots confetti. Check out the children's ministry at this church in Springdale, Arkansas. The video message from one of the kids even states coming to "Toon Town" at church is like visiting a theme park. (It should, it's designed by a former Disney guy)

There is also a church that answers the question "Will this church baptize a person who is unmarried and lives with another person?" The answer is yes. The question immediately following the baptism one asks what the Bible says about homosexuality. Doesn't say if you can be baptized as a homosexual but since the previous question allows you to be baptized while you continue to live in sin, it shouldn't be a problem. Well, I guess it might make a difference since many churches separate the sin of homosexuality from others and consider it the most evil of all.

I'm only going to address this issue one time. So here it is:

We are all born in sin and in need of a Savior. God does not keep a scorecard with points awarded for different sins. Sin is sin and that is all there is to it! Get over whatever phobias and irrationality you may be clinging to and realize the gay community needs God as much as we all do.

Coming down off the soapbox,

jene'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It might not mean much to you but I wanted to thank you. It's always nice to see that not every follower of God hates the gay community.