29 September 2005

Getting back in the swing

Well, I went back to work on Monday. Not that we had much to sell, several areas of the store were big empty spaces. The boards had been removed from one door on each side of the store. The rest was not down until late Wednesday. It was strange not being able to see out.

I cannot tell you how often I answered the phone and said "Yes, we are open." One lady asked and laughed when I answered yes. She said " You must be since you answered the phone." I replied "I didn't get dressed up to come here just to answer the phone." She laughed even harder and asked how many times I had answered that particular question. I told her I hadn't kept count.

Most of our customers are understanding of the absence of some of our products as they were here for the storm. I did have one lady today who didn't understand why we had run out of things last week. Once I got her to understand that she wanted to know how come we hadn't gotten everything re-stocked yet. Some people just don't live in the real world.

For the most part life has returned to it's normal rhythm.

No comments: