21 September 2005

What to do about Rita?

Today was a most unusual day. By noon we had sold out of every large plastic box. People hit the store trying to find ways to protect and move their belongings. Our goal was to stay calm and to help our customers find calm as well. Evacuations are mandatory close to the coast but still voluntary here in Houston.

While I don't think I'll have to worry about the water, wind will be a my biggest concern. I considered going to stay with my sister in Austin. After our last disaster here, I was able to use my nursing skills to help out. I am staying for that reason now. Some of my hospice patients will be leaving soon and will need some assistance.

Unless the evacuation becomes mandatory, you'll find me listening to the wind in my own home.

Take care.

No comments: