25 June 2005

Can you catch up on sleep?

The past few days have been an experiment in trying to recover lost sleep. I do not have any conclusive details to report. I think I'll need more testing before I will be able to comment upon the results.

I made a trip to West Texas on Sunday. I was going home to celebrate my birthday. Well, that's the reason I used. In actuality I was headed home to be with my Dad as he had some surgery. He has referred to it as "masculine surgery". That is all the detail I am going to give here.

My family and I went out to lunch on Monday to have my birthday remembrances. On my birthday we spent the day in various waiting rooms from surgery to ICU. Daddy came through all well and is making progress in his recovery each day.

I didn't get much sleep what with a mind that wouldn't shut down, arthritis aggravated by the long car trip, and an unfamiliar bed. Yes I am now at the age that I miss my own bed. I got back to town around 3:30 am on Thursday. Fortunately I didn't have to go in to work until 2:00 pm. I was pretty well knackered by the time I got home that night. Friday I spent a good deal of the day dozing off. I tried to make it to lunch with a friend but couldn't find the energy. Things are better today and I am planning to take it easy tomorrow.

No comments: