06 July 2004

Answered prayer

Today was a doozy. I went to my temp job and ended up working a little late. On the way home I got stuck in traffic. My phone began to ring from the bottom of my purse. At this point I usually ignore it but decided not to today.

The call was from The Container Store. Tony asked if I still wanted to work with them. I said I was looking forward to it. He then offered me a part-time position three days a week with better pay than I had been told to expect.

I go in tomorrow to begin the paperwork to become their newest employee. I will still be able to work part-time at my temp job too. This is good news for the budget.

I first applied with this company seven months ago. I don't know what the usual timeline is for processing their employees, but I am certain God had a hand in this situation.

Had I gotten a job right away I wouldn't have had the opportunity to see first hand just how much He cares for me. I wouldn't have had the time spent in prayer, or the love and encouragement from so many. I did so many things this year I would not have been able to do had I been tied down with a steady job.

So...........I am very happy to be on the way to being gainfully employed and am grateful for the lessons learned along the way.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Yeah, jobs are a huge blessing. Even when mine is unfulfilling ;-).

Last night my fiance asked how I would feel if I got paralyzed and she had to take care of me for the rest of my life. I told her that I would probably be angry and bitter at first, but would soon realize that "all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." I'd have so much more time to pray if I were incapacitated!

Peace!

-Matt