10 November 2014

Great grandma's little girl

This little sweetheart is my great niece Arianna. The picture was taken by her Aunt Nina. She's a most treasured and well photographed little one. Her mom, granny & quite frankly most of the family have captured hundreds of shots.

But this one is different. There's just something about this photo which keeps drawing me back. I think I've finally figured out why. In this one I see so much of her great grandmother! Those magnificently bright eyes, that oh so sweet smile, the delicate way she's holding the doughnut. All of these remind me of the woman she'll never know this side of heaven.

But thankfully there are many in Ari's life who can share all the great treasures we recall. So this is my hope & prayer for you sweet one:

May we teach you to love
as fiercely as she,
to carry kindness everywhere.

To have the never ending
patience she employed,
the steadfast faith which was her guide.

May you learn to be as wise as she,
to show the same generous soul
to all you meet.

And may you always, always know
just how much you are loved!

With love from Aunt Jené

No comments: