24 July 2014

Grace and Favor

A year ago today my life all boiled down to a breaking heart and fervent prayers. My neice Laura was fighting for her life. All I could do was cry and call out for my Heavenly Father to hear my prayer to save her.  I knew there was nothing which would take her from me eternally but couldn't bear the thought of her not being here for me to hug. I knew her two sweet children needed her love and guidance. I couldn't even imagine the terror her dear husband was going through. Nor the nightmare in which her parents & sisters found themselves. I was comforted in knowing that at this point all of us who loved Laura were banded together in prayer for a miracle. All over the world, brothers and sisters in Christ united to beseech our Creator for His grace and favor.

Today I am taking a moment to recall how generously my prayers were answered.  In DFW, family are gathering to celebrate the gift we were given in keeping our Laura with us for a little while longer. I wish I could join them but I'll be there next week to give my own hug to that wonderful woman!

So as I say everyday; Kind Father, Thank you for blessing me with your grace and favor!

From a heart filled with thanks,

Jené

No comments: