14 July 2006

You didn't help me much today

It's been a weird week. I hate having a summer cold. They are intolerable. Here it is the hottest part of the year and you find yourself suffering a fever. I spent one day this week without a voice. While that might have been a blessing to those around me, it wasn't the same for me.

Last night was spent playing with my favorite gals. We made pretzels, played the piano and watched old Goofy cartoons.

As usual prayer time is always a learning experience; mostly for me. I told Meredith that prayer was talking to God, just like we would talk to any other friend. She gave it a try and thanked God for the day and all the fun she had.

As I was kneeling with Sara I told her I had been talking with her sisters about prayer and how much it can help us. She said " I know, I pray at lunch and dinner and even before I go to bed." I told her that was great. I explained that I start each day with prayer to help get my day off to a good start. She thought it over for a while and said " I might do that too, it would make my days so much better."

The most difficult part of my time with the girls is not bursting into laughter as Julia prays. She is a straight from the heart kind of gal. Last night was no exception. After thanking God for pretzels and people she loves she asked for God's help. She said "Please help me to be a good girl tomorrow, you didn't help me much today." I explained that God does help us but he expects us to do our part as well.

Glad God gives me little girls to learn from,

jene'

No comments: