02 June 2006

Road trip

Those words used to bring anticipation of fun times and great memories. After last weekend they bring a sense of foreboding and the anticipation of great pain.

I made my first long car trip home since my arthritis has been intense. I drive a Nissan Sentra. It is a little car and the roads we crossed were very bumpy. Even with my roommate doing most of the driving I was in pretty bad shape. I was glad we had left early in the morning as I needed the rest of the day to try to recuperate.

I took many drugs, some of them narcotic in nature, and made it to my nephew's Graduation party. I also made it to the ceremony in time to see him receive his diploma. For this I am eternally grateful and think it was worth every bit of pain. I would have hated to miss out on his big moment.

The weekend did have some fun moments with nieces, nephews, sisters, brothers and parents. We got to catch up on each others lives, play games with the little ones, and have generally silly times which happen often when my family gathers together.

We came back a day early so I could have a day to rest before returning to work. I think I'll be back to my usual levels of pain soon. I told my mom the next time I come home it would be in a bigger car or an airplane.

Sore but still here,

-jene'

No comments: