02 April 2005

John Paul II

I feel as though a friend has gone and I can't seem to find the words to explain why it seems so. I loved this man I never met. Loved him for his defense of life, all life. Loved him for his firm stand on what he believed right. Loved him for the compassion and forgiveness he gave, even to his enemies. Loved him for his willingness to seek forgiveness and admit wrongs. Loved him for the way he reached out to everyone with God's love. Loved the way he could cause me to stop and think with his words.

What really matters in life is that we are loved by Christ, and that we love Him in return. In comparison to the love of Jesus, everything else is secondary. And without the love of Jesus, everything else is useless. Prayer 1979 Philadelphia

The goal and target of our life is He, the Christ who awaits us - each one singly and all together - to lead us across the boundaries of time to the eternal embrace of the God who loves us. Address World Youth Day 1996

Goodbye dear friend, you will be well missed. I'll see you when I meet our Lord.

No comments: