18 August 2004

Gone but hopefully not forgotten

As is evident, the pace of my life is rather hectic at this point. Between working two jobs and trying to finish several design projects, only the absolute essentials get done. Blogging loses out to the need for sleep. A necessity as I age.

I am really enjoying my job now. I have gotten lots of training, and support and encouragement from those I work with. This company has found the best way to keep employees. Empower them to do the job and pay them well.

Last week I played hooky from some contract work in a law firm to visit the beach with my sister and her girls. We had a great time. I love those girls and look forward to time we get to spend together. I even ventured into the disgusting waters known as the Gulf of Mexico so we could play in the surf.

The one disadvantage in having grown up around the world is missing the things you became accustomed to. Okinawa is a lovely little island in the middle of some of the most amazing water you can find. It is crystal clear and invites you to see all the wonders of the reefs surrounding most of the island. The Gulf is less than inviting and not very clear here.

Still, the advantage here was the presence of my nieces. So I braved the murky waters and we had a great time.

I'll not be offering any more apologies for the sparseness of my blogging. Such as it is, this is what I can do now. I hope you can enjoy it.


No comments: