23 August 2017

Kindness in character is still around

This past weekend was a mighty challenge. What began Thursday evening as a migraine and some joint pain, blew up into a mighty migraine and every joint in pain by the time Saturday morning came to call. I was trying every trick in the book to alleviate any of the symptoms. I was successful in abating them a bit in order to join my sister at a show Saturday night.

When Sunday morning dawned it was a whole new story. By that time things were so bad I woke up crying. I spent a couple of hours in prayer and almost that same amount of time getting ready for church. I made it into the sanctuary just as the service was beginning. When it came time for the scripture reading I was hunting through my purse for my phone. For the last few years, in order to lessen what I need to carry around, I use a Bible on my phone. When I couldn't find it I picked up the pew Bible and read along. I wasn't too concerned as I have been known to leave my phone at home.

When I made it home, I couldn't find the darn thing. Thankfully McAfee protects all of my devices and I can always search for their location. It was then I discovered it had somehow gotten out of my purse without realizing it and was left at church.

Amazingly one of the awesome folks we have on staff had discovered it. He had even taken the trouble to sketch this drawing to indicate where it was found! I am so thankful God reminded me of the blessings to be received at church even when I am feeling awful.

While the sermon was good, observing the children during the children's message was hilarious, the music was uplifting, it was the kindness in character shown by this individual which made the biggest impact on my heart. Times are troubled, and the world is a frightening place, but people of God are still willing to show kindness to their fellow man. It may have seemed a small thing, but it meant a lot to me!

No comments: