31 August 2013

A big part of me

Dear Mama,

It's been a year today. A year since you journeyed to heaven to join our Savior. While my heart rejoices you are in such glory, it's been forever broken in missing you.  I never gave thought to how hard life would be when I no longer had you at hand. I forgot to factor the enormity of your impact in my life.

You were,

The one I could always turn to when life seemed more difficult than I could handle.

The one I could be silly with and share my oddball sense of humor.

The one to always offer comforting support coupled with gentle wisdom to give my soul ease.

A woman who listened with her heart and listened well.

A guide who blazed the trail in my journey to become a woman after God's purpose.

A friend with whom I could chat, big or small and everything in between had been encompassed in our conversations.

A kindred soul with whom even spending time together doing nothing brought a sense of peace.

So, I miss you mum, more than I ever dreamed I could miss anyone! And I find myself grateful that I do miss you this much. For I know there are many in this world for whom no such loss occurs. They never had the gift I was given in you! I was blessed with a treasure in you and I thank my heavenly Father for His generosity!

Looking forward to the day when I join you again.

Love,

Me





2 comments:

Art of Faith said...

Good piece.

Jené said...

Thank you.