23 July 2005

Pulling?

There were many strange things which happened at work today. While I was working the register there was a woman who has flossing her teeth while she stood in queue. Now call me old-fashioned, but that is not something that should be done in public.

We had a Saudi princess and her entourage shop the store thoroughly. Her staff is well trained and quick to respond to any direction. It's kind of fun to watch.

Lastly we had a couple who made themselves comfortable in my shelving display. They settled in to canoodle. One of the things that made the scene odd was the picture they set up of the Virgin Mary. I admire Mary and her place in history as much as the next person. Still I don't go shopping with her picture. Even odder I don't think I would feel comfortable snuggling with the same in a public place. At one point I thought we were going to have to tell the couple to "get a room". My sales manager did finally ask them to move as they were keeping our other customers from seeing the display. Now at this point the whole episode becomes downright ridiculous. This couple had met in the store. They didn't even know each other before today! In this instance I think the British term of "pulling" would be a better choice than a pick up. After all it took this guy several hours of hard work to achieve his objective.

1 comment:

Sassy Shae said...

I stopped by the store yesterday. The Saudi Princess was interesting. She parked herself in a chair at the end of a row and wouldn't let anybody through.

I did not go into shelving...very happy about that.